Translate

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Book Review- Brenwyd Legacy: Finding Truth

So today, I'd like to take a little break from writing about my fandoms to writing something different: a book review.

I actually first read this book several months ago, but I keep forgetting to review it. Finally, here it is. What reminded me was a video I saw a little while ago from Hank Green at vlogbrothers suggesting a new trend: #reviewsdaytuesday. You simply take a picture of a book and review it. I'm trying to post a review on amazon, but I'm hitting technical difficulties, so I'll do that later, although I will link to the website right here. So without further ado, here is my review.

This book had me hooked from the first sentence. "Long ago in Dark Age England, a woman slipped out of her house late at night, about to play a crucial role in a drama that would not end for many centuries." Right from the get-go, Groux had me excited and interested, and she also showed me that her writing is great. This is a must-read for anyone who loves fantasy, especially Christians. At first glance, it might seem like your typical fantasy story, complete with lovable animals. But, as you read it, you learn that it's more than that. These aren't just tales of adventure and bravery, they're tales of soul-searching, courage, trust, faith (in God and in each other), treachery, forgiveness, and, as the title says, truth. It's amazing to see the way the characters are developed throughout the story, especially Cassie and Will. I like how Cassie isn't your typical protagonist: she is by no standards weak, she is exceedingly brave, quick to trust and quicker to forgive, unhesitating to love, and unafraid to have and share her faith. I would certainly love to be like her. She also isn't the typical female lead who just falls for the first guy who crosses her path. She knows that loving and trusting God comes above all else. Her dedication towards her parents and her friends is amazing. It's also great to read Will's perspective and see how he struggles to find himself and what he believes in. All in all, it's a fantastic book, and I would recommend it to anyone.

So there you go. By the way, if you do get this book, I highly recommend getting a hard copy; the cover is made out of this really cool paper. You'll just have to see for yourself. I might make this #reviewsdaytuesday a regular thing, I don't know. It will probably depend on your feedback. Thank you all for reading this and have a great day. See you tomorrow when we start Fandom School!

No comments:

Post a Comment