Translate

Sunday, April 13, 2014

If I Had A TARDIS

So, here's an obvious question, but still one worth asking: if you had a TARDIS (a machine that can take you anywhere in time and space, for you non-Whovians), when and where would you go?

The Past
When and where in the past would I go? This one is tough. There are so many amazing historical events, scientific phenomenons, etc. that I would love to visit. I can also list a plethora of historical figures I would want to meet. But after thinking about this for a while, there is one thing I'd really want to go to the past and do. (I'd have to time this well, to avoid changing history significantly or creating a paradox.) I would go to Martin Luther King Junior and show him a video of Barack Obama's inauguration. Say what you will of his political ability, he was the first African American president. That's a real accomplishment, both for him, breaking the status quo, and for our nation, having advanced the civil rights movement enough that an African American running for office was even conceivable. Martin Luther King Junior would be so proud to see how far we've come and know that his efforts were not in vain.

The Future
For this one, I would probably just ask the Doctor to show me something exciting. (Assuming he was with me in the TARDIS.) But for the sake of this blog post, I have to think about when and where I'd want to go in the future. It's hard to imagine where to go for this one. I mean, sure I can see how the world has advanced in 100 years or so, but what fun is that? I think I'd try to go to a kind of event, rather than a specific time or place. For example, I'd ask the Doctor to take me to the time and place where the cure for cancer will be discovered. Or show me when and where humans and aliens are living together in peace. Something amazing like that. 

So those are my opinions. What about you? When and where would you go with a TARDIS? Wherever you would go, you can be sure it would be a great adventure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment