Translate

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Shakespeare As A Dalek

A while ago, I wrote a story on fanfiction.net that was a collection of Dalek-themed poems. When I remembered that I had downloaded a Dalek voice effect on my computer, I decided to have some fun and record myself reading it. Ladies and gentlemen, this is what Shakespeare's 18th Sonnet would have been like if it had been written by a Dalek. Enjoy!



Thinking back to the title of this post, I realized that Shakespeare as a Dalek would certainly be different. There would be no Romeo and Juliet- they would never have fallen in love, and if they were somehow from families with a feud (again, unlikely in the Dalek world), they wouldn't have dreamed to disobey orders and associated with each other. There go the stories with any emotion besides hate! That being said, the battle scenes would be a lot more epic because they would be real. That's kind of scary.

Maybe that would be a form of torture: the Daleks show you their bad acting skills until you beg for mercy. (And if that fails, they get to the battle scene and you have to join in. Good luck!)

All in all, it's fun to imagine what poems would be like if Daleks wrote them, but I'm glad Shakespeare was a human and not a Dalek.

No comments:

Post a Comment