Translate

Friday, May 9, 2014

The One-Word Test

Hello. No, I'm not going to write a one-word blog post. (I've already disproved that by writing these two sentences.) This is about the one-word test from the Doctor Who episode The Snowmen. Clara wants the Doctor's help. But instead of finding the Doctor, she finds his friends, Vastra and Jenny. Vastra asks her to pass the "one-word test", answering every question with only one word. This is because lies are usually longer than the truth. Finally, Vastra asks Clara to send a one-word message to the Doctor, telling him all that's going on and why he should help. Her answer? Pond.

It's really surprising that Clara manages to sum up everything in one word, and it does have the desired effect of getting the Doctor's help. So, I've decided to try it myself. Now, obviously I can't do it exactly the same way, since I'm testing myself. So, I'm going to attempt to describe the fandoms I know well in one word each. I'm not going to give an explanation for why I chose each word, because that would be going against the principle of the idea. That being said, feel free to comment and ask if any of my choices confuse you. Here we go!

Doctor Who: Adventure

Harry Potter: Friendship

The Hunger Games: Sacrifice

Les Misérables: Hope

The Lord of the Rings: Perseverance

The Princess Bride: Love

Sherlock: Eccentricity

Star Trek: Exploration

Star Wars: Freedom


And now, one word to sum up all fandoms: Captivating

No comments:

Post a Comment