Translate

Friday, May 30, 2014

You Matter (Wholock fanfiction)- Chapter 2

Chapters: 1 2 3

Chapter two of my story featuring Doctor Who characters comforting Sherlock characters and vice versa. This time it's Jackie Tyler and Mrs. Hudson. Enjoy!


Mrs. Hudson sat down on the couch and sighed. "There they go again, about to get themselves hurt to solve a case. And then I have to clean up the mess."
"Says who?" asked a woman walking into the room.
"Well, I always have to clean up their mess... But I'm their landlady, not their housekeeper." Mrs. Hudson sighed again. 
"Tea?" Mrs. Hudson started to get up. The other woman shook her head. "No no, I'll make it," she insisted. "I've been told I make an excellent cup of tea," she continued, setting the kettle on. 

She sat back down with Mrs. Hudson while they waited for it to boil. "I'm Jackie, by the way. Jackie Tyler." They shook hands. 
"I'm Mrs. Hudson." They sat in pleasant silence and sipped their tea for a few minutes. 
"Do you worry about them?" Jackie asked. 
"Yes. Every day, they step out into danger. I worry that one day, they won't come back." Jackie nodded. 
"I have a daughter, and she's only just an adult. One day, she disappeared, and I didn't see her for a whole year!"
"Oh my!" Mrs. Hudson almost spit out her tea. "What did you do?"
"Well, when she finally did come back, she was with some strange man." Mrs. Hudson gasped. "I was worried, too, so I slapped some sense into him." Jackie paused, remembering the look on his face. "Then he saved my daughter, me, and the world from aliens, so I decided she was safe enough with him. Not that I could really stop her from running off with her, anyway."
"So you trusted him after that?" Jackie laughed. "No! But I saw that she would be alright with him, and I decided that would have to be good enough."

"But what about you?" Jackie asked.  "How do you feel about those two running off?"
"Oh, I don't trust them, either. In fact, I can be fairly confident that when they go out, they'll get into some sort of trouble." Mrs. Hudson sighed. "But they always seem to be able to take care of themselves, so I let them go. Besides, if they stay in here too long, they go stir-crazy. Especially Sherlock. Once he shot a wall just because he was bored!"
"Yeah," Jackie said sympathetically. "If I try to keep Rose at home too long, she gets all insistent and begs me that she needs to see the Doctor."
"The doctor? Does she get ill?"
"No, that's just the name of the man she travels with. He calls himself the Doctor."

"So do you get lonely?" Mrs. Hudson asked.
"Oh, yes, I miss Rose so much. But I have to let her go. She wouldn't be happy if I was always hovering over her. As much as I want to be with her, I love her enough that I want what makes her happiest, and that's the Doctor."
"Sherlock's happiest running around London with John, solving murders and other mysteries."
"Rose and the Doctor run around the universe, traveling in time and fighting aliens." She sighed. 
"They go off on adventures, and we're stuck here."
"But it's not so bad."
"No, I suppose not." Mrs. Hudson thought for a moment. "We get the all-important job of taking care of the house and all the other little things so that when they come back, everything is in place for them to have a great time. That's not so bad after all." Jackie nodded. 
"And I get to know my daughter is happy." Mrs. Hudson smiled. 
"I may not be related to Sherlock and John, but sometimes they feel like family to me, and it's good to see them happy." They both smiled. 

"Here's to taking care of all the little things," Jackie said. And with that, they made a toast with their last bit of tea. Then the two women went on their ways, satisfied that they were special and important, no matter how little recognition they got.

No comments:

Post a Comment