Translate

Monday, June 23, 2014

Set Me Free (Doctor Who fanfiction): Chapter 3

Chapters: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8


"What, before we were attacked by that Dalek and you saved my life?" I thought for a moment. "Oh, I never actually told you my name! I'm Catherine." We shook hands.
"You know, most people introduce themselves before almost dying."
"Well then, I'm not most people." I looked at the Doctor, this man who asked random strangers for help, then saved them with strange futuristic technology. "And I don't think you are, either."
"What do you mean?"
"I think there's more to you than meets the eye." The Doctor said nothing, he merely smiled. "So, you were telling me about Donna?" The Doctor nodded, and I could have sworn I saw tears in his eyes, but they were gone an instant later.
"So, as I said, she ended up in my TARDIS on her wedding day. Right in the middle of her wedding, she got transported to my TARDIS. As you can guess, she was not happy. She blamed me, of course. It wasn't my fault. I was still getting over Rose."
"Rose? You mean you've had other companions? Were they all women? Now I'm really beginning to think I should be worried." I looked at his face, and saw the tears streaming down. "Never mind. I shouldn't have said that."
"No, it's my fault. I shouldn't have mentioned Rose." He stared off into the distance. We walked in silence for a while.
"So, um... you said you're the Doctor, right?" He nodded, not really paying attention.
"So then, Doctor, tell me about Donna." He thought for a moment and looked at me. "She was just as distrustful of me when she first met as you were when you met me. Well, no, she was probably more distrustful than you were. And she was a lot more bold about her distrust. She slapped me! Twice! In one day!" He rubbed his face as if it still hurt. "Mind you, it's not the first time I've been slapped. That honor goes to Jackie Tyler, Rose's mum..." I was tempted to slap him myself to make him snap out of it, but I'd never slapped anyone before in my life and I decided now was not the time to start.
"You were telling me about Donna. You said you needed me to help her, remember?"
"And then I got distracted. I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry."
"Don't apologize, just tell me about Donna so I can help her."
"Right." The Doctor blinked back the tears that had begun forming when he mentioned Rose the second time. "So, after she finished berating me, I tried to get her back to her wedding, but she had been gone too long, and they had started the reception without her, which made her pretty mad, but she didn't have too much time to worry about that because..."
"What?" I glared at him. "You better not be stopping the story there!"
"No, no, sorry. It's just that... this is the part where the story starts getting, well... harder to believe."
"Try me," I told him, crossing my arms. I was NOT going to let him end the story like that.


No comments:

Post a Comment