Translate

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Set Me Free (Doctor Who fanfiction): Chapter 5

Chapters: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8


The Doctor's words kept replaying in my head. "They've kidnapped her. It's too secure for you to sneak in. You'll have to let yourself be captured, then find a way to escape." I boldly strode up to the giant wooden door, took a deep breath, and knocked four times. 

"Who is this?" It occurred to me that my name didn't sound impressive enough. I needed to change something. 
"It is I, Catherine Pendragon."
"Pendragon?"
"Yes, Pendragon. I am the daughter of King Arthur of Camelot. I am as yet his only heir." The door swung open wide, and a dangerous, muscular man loomed over me. 
"Then you'll fetch a high ransom." He lunged forward and caught me in a headlock. I could have resisted, but it would have gotten me nowhere, and being captured was part of the plan, anyway. My captor looked over his shoulder, awaiting orders. 
"Put her with the other one," came a voice from behind me. Then the man knocked me on the head, and everything went black. 
***
I opened my eyes to see a red-haired woman next to me. I looked her over. She matched the Doctor's description perfectly. I had been placed next to Donna. We were both strapped uncomfortably to stiff wooden boards at a sixty-degree angle. 

"They got you, too?" asked Donna. I nodded. 
"How long have you been here?"
"Only a couple of days, I think. I'm not sure. It's hard to keep track of time here."
"Um... Are you Donna Noble, by any chance?" She stared at me with a mixture of shock and awe. 
"How did you know?"
"The Doc... I mean, a friend told me." I remembered the Doctor's last words. "Whatever you do, don't tell her about me, or our adventures, or aliens, or anything like that. If she ever remembers, her head will burn and she will be gone forever." And here I had almost mentioned the Doctor. That was a close shave. 

"What did your friend tell you?"
"He told me you'd been kidnapped."
"How did he know?"
"They were asking him for a ransom."
"So do I know him, then?"
"I don't know, but he knows you."
"I remember a time when I accused someone of kidnapping me... Ow! My head!" She was remembering. I had to do something!

Right then, our captor walked in, and Donna's train of thought was broken. 
"You better hope your friends pay off your ransoms soon. I'm getting tired of your chatter. If I hear one more word out of either of you..." He made a slit-throat motion. Donna and I gulped. 

No comments:

Post a Comment