Translate

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Channel 5 (Merlin fanfiction): Chapter 13

Chapters: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

The cast of the new show joined together to discuss the results.
"I think that went pretty well," Gwen commented. Everyone agreed to that. 
"Nice kissing!" Gwaine said, wolf-whistling at Merlin and Arthur. Merlin blushed, but Arthur just beamed. 
"I thought you were doing advertising?" Merlin asked, confused as to why Gwaine had been acting. 
"I convinced Morgana to take it over. And I mean, we already made most of the adverts anyway."
"And Mordred?"
"I set up a timer on the camera with a combination of technology and magic. That way, I don't have to actively deal with it," Mordred replied. "And of course, if something messes up the timing, I can still control the camera remotely."
"So, what's next?" Arthur asked. 

Fortheloveofcamelot has entered the room, Albion Chat
Lady_of_the_Lake has entered the room
Entertainment_at_Ealdor has entered the room
Destined2Bqueenofcamelot has entered the room
Fortheloveofcamelot: Now what?
Destined2Bqueenofcamelot: First of all, statistics. You've got viewers, but only a couple hundred. You've got a long way to go before you reach your goal. 
Fortheloveofcamelot: Who are you?
Destined2Bqueenofcamelot: Morgana? Your boss? Ring any bells?
Fortheloveofcamelot: Oh. Okay. I just wasn't expecting that username, is all. 
Lady_of_the_Lake: Ratings and reviews are mostly positive, but there aren't many. The main complaint is that there was too much bickering and not enough romance. 
Entertainment_at_Ealdor: I told you we should have had them make out, Freya!
Lady_of_the_Lake: Shut up, Will. Anyway, you guys have a week until your next episode. Will and I hope to have a script completed soon. In the meantime, do whatever you want. It must be rather boring there, I'd think. 
Fortheloveofcamelot: It's not too bad. 
Entertainment_at_Ealdor: You're just saying that because you get to kiss Merlin. 
Fortheloveofcamelot: That does help :)
Entertainment_at_Ealdor: I told you, Freya!
Fortheloveofcamelot: The gang says hi, by the way. We're all here; I'm just the one who logged into the chat. Alright now, we better leave you to your scriptwriting. 
Fortheloveofcamelot has left the room
***
The time had finally come for another episode.

Merlin sat in the living room of his apartment with Gwen.
"I'm just saying you should give him another chance," she said.
"Are you mad?"
"No."
"And besides, if he's so great, why aren't you still dating him?"
"Because he's gay, remember?" Merlin sighed. "Come on!"
"No."
"He's exactly your type."
"Yeah, complete asshole, that's my type alright," Merlin said ruefully.
"He's not half that bad."
"You're right, he's twice that bad."
"Merlin! He may be my ex but I will not have you speak about him like that!"
"What are you gonna do, call him?"
"Maybe I will."
"You know I'm never getting together with him."
"You sure about that?"
"I'm sure," Merlin said, his voice becoming strained.
"I'm just saying he's your type. And I know you're his type - smart, cute, not afraid to speak your mind."
"And I spoke my mind when I told him to get lost."
"You can't deceive yourself forever, Merlin." Merlin sighed and went into his room.

Gwen was on the phone with Lancelot. "So I heard Merlin found someone last night?"
"Maybe, but he doesn't think so. You remember Arthur?"
"Your ex?"
"That's the one."
"What about him?"
"They met yesterday and I think they're perfect for each other. Merlin doesn't think so, though. He hates him."
"Ouch. And what about Arthur? How does he feel?"
"I'm not sure; I haven't talked to him since then. I think he likes Merlin, but I'm not sure."
"God help poor Merlin if Arthur does love him."
"Lancelot!"
"Come on, we both know how prattish and eccentric Arthur is. He only gets worse when he's in love."
"It's true; he never was good at showing affection."
"Probably because his father taught him to smother his feelings."
"Uther is certainly smothered. Stifling, too." Lancelot laughed.
"Don't tell him that to his face."
"I may be bold, but I'm not stupid. Anyway, back to Arthur and Merlin. We need to get them together."
"Agreed. This calls for a meeting of the Round Table."

Gwen, Elyan, Lancelot, Percival, and Gwaine sat gathered at a table in Camelot Coffeeshop.
"You know, it's not actually a round table," Elyan pointed out.
"Well we couldn't very well call it the Square Table, could we?" Gwaine countered. "And besides, that's not why we call it the Round Table. It's because we're all named after people in Arthurian legend."
"Speaking of which," Percival asked, "where is Arthur? He's usually the one leading these meetings."
"This meeting concerns Arthur, so I thought it best not to invite him," Lancelot answered. "I called this meeting because of Arthur and Merlin."
"Is Merlin the guy Arthur danced with, or the one he kissed?" Gwaine asked.
"The one he kissed," Gwen said. "Wait, Arthur kissed Merlin?"
"Yeah, didn't you see it? You were there. I mean, you were in the bar."
"So Arthur kissed a guy. I don't see how this is any of our business," Elyan said impatiently.
"Arthur kissed Merlin accidentally, and when he realized, he ran away."
"Arthur? Running away? I've never known him to be a coward," Percival commented.
"And that's not the worst bit," Gwen said. "Merlin hates him."
"Merlin's not interested, Arthur should go away, that's the end." Elyan started to get up, but Gwaine pulled him back down.
"But that's just the thing," Gwen continued. "I don't think Merlin actually hates Arthur. And I think Arthur's smitten with him. You know how clingy he can get." They all laughed at that.
"Fine," Elyan relented. "What's the game plan?"
"That's what I called this meeting for," Lancelot said. "Any ideas?"
"We could make them go out with each other," Percival suggested.
"And how would we do that?" Gwen asked. "There's no way Merlin will agree to go out with Arthur, and I doubt Arthur would agree to go out with Merlin, even if he is in love."
"Then we set them up," Gwaine said slyly. "I tell Arthur I'm going to meet him here, and Gwen tells Merlin she's going to meet him here, but then neither of us show up, so they're stuck with each other."
"I should have known you would resort to sneaky tactics," Gwen said with a smile. "But desperate times call for desperate measures. I'm in."
"Okay, it's time for a vote," Lancelot announced. "All in favor?" They all said 'aye'. "Well that settles it then. Gwen, Gwaine, when it's over, tell us all how it went."
"Will do," Gwaine said. Then they left.
***
Merlin sat at a table of two, sipping a latte. "You're late," he said not looking up.
"Whatever," Arthur replied. Admittedly not his best comeback. Merlin finally looked up, then nearly jumped back in shock.
"Arthur? What are you doing here?"
"I'm supposed to meet Gwaine. And what about you, Merlin?"
"I'm supposed to meet Gwen. Wait a minute... they set us up, didn't it."
"It certainly looks that way." Arthur took a sip of his coffee.
"What kind of coffee is that?"
"Black."
"Like your soul."
"At least I have one." Merlin got up to leave, but Arthur stopped him. "Don't leave me! Um... I mean... we may as well stay until we finish our coffee." Merlin thought for a moment.
"I suppose I can endure your company for that long." Arthur smiled.
"That's an improvement."
"Don't get any ideas."
"Hey, it's not like I asked to meet up with you."
"But you like it."
"I suppose you're right."
"Aha, so the egotistical jerk can admit someone else is right!"
"Only for you, Merlin." Merlin frowned at the obvious flirtation, clearly uncomfortable.
"Don't. Not now."
"Sorry," Arthur said, the smile dropping off his face.
"It's not your fault, it's just... never mind. What happened last night?" Arthur blushed like a tomato.
"Um, well, you know the game... and you happened to be nearby..."
"No, not that. Before that. You being nice to me and all. What changed?"
"I felt sorry for how I treated you and I um... wanted to change your opinion of me, I guess."
"I was just some random guy you met on the street. Why would you care what I thought of you?"
"Oh, well... um..."
"Are you always this speechless?"
"Not really... I mean sometimes... um... yeah. My brain seems to have left me. But, uh, going back to your question, it wasn't so much that I wanted to change what you thought of me as that I wanted to make up for how mean I was to you. Or something like that."
"Or maybe you're one of those people who acts all confident on the outside, but is actually desperate for the validation of others." Arthur bristled, then relaxed and laughed.
"Yeah, maybe." They sat in silence for a minute. "So, tell me about yourself." Merlin scowled.
"That better not have been a pickup line."
"It doesn't have to be if you don't want it to. But the fact remains that I bared my soul-" Merlin sniggered at that "-to you, and I don't know anything about you."
"Merlin. 22. Studying art at the University of the Arts London."
"Arthur. 24. Heir to Pendragon Attorneys. Studying law at King's College."
"Are you studying it because you want to, or because you feel like you have to?"
"I've spent my whole life trying to live up to my father's expectations, so it's hard to say. I'm not too fond of law, though. What about your father? Is he supportive of your career choices?" Merlin said nothing, but tears began to form in his eyes. He changed the subject.

"What happened last night? And now I do mean the kiss. Well, specifically, what happened after it. I mean, you give me a kiss that seems to have a lot of desire-"
"Hey, you kissed me back!"
"Only because I was to polite to recoil in disgust." Arthur rolled his eyes. "And because I didn't know who you were. But back to what I was saying. You kiss me, and then you blush. And before I can say anything, you run away! What was all that about?" Arthur thought for a moment, deliberating on something, then took a deep breath and spoke.
"I've... never been with a guy before. It took me a while to realize that I was never actually attracted to any of the girls I'd dated, and I thought maybe I was asexual or something, but then I started noticing guys and that's when I realized I was gay. Since then, I haven't gotten a boyfriend or anything yet. I hadn't even kissed a guy... until yesterday. And the truth is, I'd very much like to kiss you again."
"Then why don't you?"
"I thought you hated me."
"I'm willing to reconsider," Merlin replied with a smile. "But you didn't answer my question. Why..." But Merlin's sentence was cut off as Arthur's lips met his.
"Satisfied?"
"I don't know, maybe I need a little something... more," Merlin replied.
"I never would have pegged you to be such a hussy."
"So? My place or yours?" Arthur's face fell. "I was joking, I don't actually want to go that fast." Arthur said nothing. "What is it? What's wrong?"
"Oh, it's nothing. I'm surprised you warmed up to me so fast."
"Maybe it's because you're as hot as your coffee." Arthur laughed.
"Guess I better drink it before it gets cold then."
"But you still didn't answer my question."
"I told you, it's nothing."
"You really expect me to believe that?" Arthur said nothing. "I hope you realize I'm not letting you leave until you answer me."
"What is this, an interrogation?"
"Yes. Now then, tell me what's up, or I'll steal your coffee." Arthur still remained silent, so Merlin reached for the coffee. Arthur had quick reflexes and blocked Merlin easily.
"Not so fast."
"Oh, you can't handle speed?" Merlin smirked. They fought over the cup of coffee, until Arthur accidentally spilled it over Merlin. "I guess that makes us even," Merlin said with a smile.
"So does that mean I don't have to answer your question?" Merlin shook his head.
"I have other ways of making you stay." Merlin walked over to Arthur and sat on his lap. Arthur slipped his arm around Merlin, and the two made themselves comfortable. "So, tell me about it." Arthur sighed.
"You're really not going to give up, are you?"
"Never."
"Alright, then." Arthur took a deep breath. "It's my father, Uther. He's vocal about condemning a lot of things, and homosexuality is one of them. When I told him I was gay, he had a fit. When he finally calmed down, he assured me that it was 'just a phase' and I would be a 'good, respectable boy' who would make sure to marry a wealthy girl and 'continue the Pendragon line'. Ugh. I haven't had a boyfriend yet because I'm afraid of what he would do if he found out." Merlin gave a sympathetic, rueful smile. "But what about you? What's your father like?"
"I never really knew. He left when I was young, and I haven't seen him since. I don't even know if he's still alive."
"Oh."
"Yeah."

They had finished their coffee, so they had no more excuses to talk, but neither of them left. Instead, they sat in a gentle, sad but comfortable silence. It was Merlin who spoke first.
"Why?"
"Why what?"
"Why let him ruin your life?"
"He's my father."
"That doesn't make him your dictator. Listen, a while ago somebody... messed up my life, took advantage of me, made me miserable. And thankfully, he's gone. But for the longest time, his influence stayed over me. I kept feeling awful because of him, even though he was gone. And then, I decided that I couldn't let him be in charge of my life. I just... stopped. And it wasn't easy. It still isn't. And of course, it's not like I've forgotten. But I have got closer to moving on. And when I went to Avalon, for that brief time when I wasn't dealing with a certain prat-"
"Hey!"
"I had fun. For the first time since I left him, I had fun."
"And I ruined it." Merlin shook his head.
"No. At least, not anymore. I don't hate you quite so much anymore," Merlin said with a smirk. "But anyway, all I'm trying to say is, don't let your dad be in charge of your life. Don't be miserable just to please him. He's not worth that. Nobody is worth that. If somebody makes you miserable, you leave. If you want... me, don't let him stop you. Just go for it, and if he doesn't like it, you can always leave."
"Where would I go?"
"With me, silly. We could elope."
"Wow, you really do move fast. I haven't even proposed yet!"
"Who says you'd be first?"
"Fair point. But anyway, are you sure? You really think this is a good idea?"
Merlin kissed Arthur, ruffling his hair. "That means yes, you prat."

Merlin and Arthur walked hand-in-hand to Merlin's flat.
"Now then, a good man would thank the people who brought him and his boyfriend together."
"Ah, but you forget," Merlin said with the mischievous smirk that Arthur was quickly becoming familiar with. "I'm not a good man." Arthur smiled, too.
"So, what revenge are we planning for those who set us up?"
"Know how to turn a bedroom upside down?" Arthur laughed.
"How will we do that with Gwen here?"
"We actually have one big bedroom with two beds. I don't know why. I think it was cheaper that way or something. Anyway, all we have to do is go into the bedroom together and Gwen will stay out." Arthur smirked.
"You devious genius, you!" Merlin smiled. "Any special acting we need to do to make this plan work?"
"Nope, just be yourself," Merlin replied. "Actually, on second thought..."
"Hey!"
"Just kidding! Two days and we're already squabbling like an old married couple." Arthur laughed. "But you should make sure to show how completely smitten you are with me," Merlin said, smiling.
He was still smiling when Gwen opened the door.
"Merlin! And Arthur! How nice to see you!" Arthur leaned forward and kissed Merlin.
"So, Arthur, would you like to come in?" Merlin asked, a mischievous twinkle in his eyes. Arthur smiled and walked in, still holding Merlin's hand.
"I take it your date was successful?" Gwen asked. They both nodded.
"We'll be going to the bedroom, so you might want to avoid going in," Merlin warned Gwen.
"Very successful. Not taking it slow this time, are you?" She watched with gleeful curiosity as they walked to the bedroom, but left them alone.

"What did she mean 'not taking it slow this time'?"
"In all my other relationships, I've waited until the 5th date at least to have sex, and I'm never the one to suggest it. Usually, I wait until the girl's begging me. Like I said, I didn't realize that I wasn't attracted to girls until recently." Merlin shrugged. "So, how are we gonna do this?"
"Well, I've got a lot of superglue. And you're tall, so you can help me put stuff up. But first," Merlin took a few pictures of the room. "Okay. Now we know what it looks like. Our goal is to match this layout and put it on the ceiling."
"Let's do it!"
"Well, that's what Gwen thinks we're doing," Merlin whispered in reply. They chuckled.

Gwen heard loud banging sounds. And grunting. A lot of grunting. And of course the typical moaning of each other's names. Merlin and Arthur were certainly being loud. And of course, they made sure she heard all the right things out of context. 

"It's so big!" Arthur said, pointing to Gwen's bed.
"You like it?"
"I love it!" They continued to make noise, but Gwen couldn't make out any words.
"I need you," Gwen heard, "to help me put this up," Merlin finished quietly. They continued to work on moving all the objects.
"It's so hard!" Arthur shouted, pointing to the wooden desk that was heavier than it looked.
"I'm gonna come," Merlin shouted "help you," he said in a hushed tone. They sniggered at their deception. 

Gwen decided she had heard enough.
Hey are you free right now? - Gwen
Of course, sweetheart. - Lancelot
Wanna go on a date with me? - Gwen
Yeah sure, what's the sudden occasion? - Lancelot
Merlin and Arthur are having sex in Merlin's room. - Gwen
No way! Already? - Lancelot
Yep. And they're being super loud, too. lol - Gwen
Don't worry, I'll rescue you. - Lancelot
Meet you at the pizza place you like so much? - Gwen
Be there in 10. - Lancelot

"The coast is clear!" Merlin called.
"Good, I was getting tired of calling your name."
"At least we didn't have to make any noises. That was all built in." Merlin grunted as he attempted to pick up Gwen's bookshelf.
"True," Arthur said, taking it from him. "So, are we going to do this for Gwaine, too?"
"I'd love to, but I think this will only work once. It's not like Gwen will keep quiet. We'll have to think of something else." They continued to move furniture. The finishing touch was to transfer Gwen's flowers from a vase to a basket and hang them from the ceiling. They took a moment to survey the results of their devious labor.
"How does it look?"
"Perfect. Gwen is gonna flip." Arthur laughed, and then Merlin realized his joke. "Pun unintended, but still rather good."
"So, what now?"
"Let's go to Gwaine's. See if we can figure something out."

When they arrived at Arthur and Gwaine's shared flat, Gwaine wasn't home.
"Of course," Arthur said. "How could I forget? Gwaine always goes out with friends in the evening. He won't be back until 10 at the earliest."
"What time is it now?"
"6. Hey, did we ever eat lunch?" Merlin's stomach growled. "I'll take that as a no." Arthur looked at Merlin. "God, you're so skinny, Merlin!"
"What, are you going to fatten me up?"
"Of course, my love," Arthur said with a smile. They proceeded to raid the kitchen, eating all the delicious food specifically marked 'FOR GWAINE ONLY. KEEP OUT! ESPECIALLY YOU, ARTHUR!'
"Have you stolen his food before?"
"Maybe," Arthur said with a guilty smile on his face. They helped themselves to every last piece of Gwaine's food. 
"I can see why Gwaine keeps this to himself; it's delicious!"

After they had finished eating, Merlin spoke again. "So, I'm guessing that wasn't the extent of our revenge?"
"No. I've got an excellent plan." Arthur smiled mischievously, copying the expression he had seen on Merlin's face.
"I'm a bad influence, aren't I?"
"Yes, but you're my bad influence."
"That was the soppiest thing I've ever heard!"
"Don't worry, I'll soon top it." Merlin punched Arthur lightly, and Arthur punched him back. Merlin rolled his eyes and then kissed Arthur. "So you like the soppiness, then." Merlin sighed. 
"You got me. But this can wait until later. What's the plan?"

"The important thing to remember about Gwaine is that he loves his beauty products," Arthur said as they stood in Arthur and Gwaine's shared bathroom. "Our goal is to take advantage of that by sabotaging each product."
"Do you have all the necessary stuff?"
"No, we'll have to go to the store once we figure out what we need." Arthur looked around. "Okay, let's start with this," he said, picking up a shampoo bottle. "Hair removal gel?"
"No, too cruel. How about hair dye? What kind would he hate the most?"
"I think Gwaine would be mortified to find himself with grey hair."
"Temporary or permanent?"
"I think temporary will do just fine. And actually, we should do the conditioner, not the shampoo - he'll keep it on longer."
"Next - lip gloss."
"Gwaine uses lip gloss? Switch it out for the contents of a glue stick. Well I mean, as long as it isn't toxic."
"He'll be fine. Hair gel?"
"Maple syrup."
"Cologne?"
"Rotten egg or something equally foul smelling."
"Facial cleanser?"
"I don't know."
"Pumpkin juice."
"What?"
"Pumpkin juice. He hates pumpkins, so he won't want to rub pumpkin juice all over his face."
"Well then, I think we're all set." They went to the store and then came back, changing everything as they had planned.

"I believe this is where we part ways," Arthur said.
"I think so. Thank you for helping with revenge. Revenge is sweet."
"So is your kiss," Arthur replied. Merlin laughed and kissed Arthur.
"Good night, good night. Parting is such sweet sorrow, that I shall say good night till it be morrow."
"Shakespeare, Merlin, really?"
"You like it," Merlin said flirtatiously.
"Speak low if you speak love."
"My heart is ever at your service."
"I love you with so much of my heart that none is left to protest."
"So far be distant; and good night, sweet friend: thy love ne'er alter, till they sweet life end."
"For where thou art, there is the world itself, And where thou art not, desolation."
"We are time's subjects, and time bids be gone."
"All days are nights to see till I see thee,
And nights bright days when dreams do show thee me."
"Let's kiss and part, for we have much to do." Arthur sighed, and then they did indeed kiss and part. 

"Would you like to explain what happened to my room?" Gwen asked in frustration. 
"That's what you get for setting me up!"
"How did you... never mind. It doesn't matter. The point is, you are getting this back to normal right now."
"No."
"Then you're sleeping on the floor." Merlin rolled his eyes and pulled out his phone. 

Gwen wants me to change everything back or she'll sleep in my bed and make me sleep on the floor. - Merlin
Sorry, guess we should have thought that one through. - Arthur
It was worth it for the look on her face, though. - Merlin
Lol. Gwen is so funny when she's angry. - Arthur
Ikr? I forgot you dated her, so you know her pretty well. - Merlin
I've got all sorts of secrets about her I can use as blackmail. - Arthur
You villain! Haha. So can I crash at your place? - Merlin
Yeah sure - Arthur
Great! - Merlin
We don't have an extra bed though. You can sleep on the couch or the floor. Or if you really want to, my bed. I'll take the couch for you :) - Arthur
Or if you really want, we can share a bed ;) - Arthur
Who's going fast now? Lol. We can work out sleeping arrangements when I get there. - Merlin
Great! See you soon! - Arthur
Btw, does Gwaine know what we've done? - Merlin
Not yet. And he doesn't suspect a thing. - Arthur
*evil grin* - Merlin

Merlin knocked on the door, and Gwaine opened it. "Merlin‽"
"Yeah, I'm looking for Arthur." Gwaine smiled and cocked an eyebrow at that. 
"Well in that case, I'd be glad to help you. Come right in." Merlin did, and he saw Arthur sitting on the couch.
"What have you decided?"
"I think I'll share a bed with you for the night." Gwaine's eyebrows shot higher than seemed humanly possible and his smile turned into a cheeky, prideful grin. 

"Oh yeah," Merlin said when he and Arthur were alone in the room, "just because I said I wanted to share a bed doesn't mean I want to... you know. We barely know each other."
"Of course. And before we turn in for the night, there's something I should tell you."
"Oh God, you're not one of those people that sleeps naked, are you?"
"No, no, of course not. But I do talk in my sleep. At least, that's what Gwen says."
"Well, I'll be sure to let you know in the morning if you say anything of interest."
"Alright then. Now, I know you've said none of the other stuff, but we can still kiss, I hope?"
"You are such an idiot," Merlin answered, crashing his lips against Arthur's. They kissed for what seemed like an eternity, and then they snuggled into bed, keeping each other warm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment