Translate

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Channel 5 (Merlin fanfiction): Chapter 4

Chapters: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Arthur stared at the screen, wondering what would happen next. The background changed to a cluttered bedroom. A girl walked in. She smiled at the camera. "Hello, I'm Freya, Merlin's friend." A boy burst in and jostled Freya.
"Hey, I'm Merlin's friend, too! My name is Will."
"And we're here to talk about Merlin."
"Wait, Freya, how do we know this will even work? Isn't Merlin on like a secret channel or something?"
"Channel 5. Well, more like channel 5.5, since there's already a channel 5. And as to how it will work, we'll just ask Kilgharrah. You know how good he is with that sort of stuff." Kilgharrah? The dragon? Maybe there was another person name Kilgharrah. Except that it wasn't exactly a common name. 
"Oh, fine." Will sighed. "So, the problem is..."
"Will, if they're still watching, they probably know what the problem is already. And I thought we agreed I would start, anyway." Will glared. "So, Merlin is stuck inside a TV channel- the channel we're broadcasting this on."
"We're trying to figure out what to do, but we need your help."
"As soon as we have more information, we'll broadcast our findings here. In the meantime, keep watching this channel."
"We should come up with some sort of secret code," Will suggested. 
"What for?"
"So anyone watching can get in contact with us."
"Ah! That's a great idea. Got anything in mind?"
"Nope."
"'In a land of myth and a time of magic, the destiny of a great kingdom rests on the shoulders of a young man.' How about that?"
"It's kind of long. How about 'The warlock has left Camelot'?"
"Hm. I like it. We should ask Kilgharrah to come up with a code, too."
"Agreed."

"But why would someone want to help Merlin, anyway?"
"What do you mean, why? He's our friend!"
"Yes, but most people watching don't know him or us. We have to convince them." Will looked directly at the camera. 
"I wish this hadn't happened, but as it is, we really need your help. I know you don't know Merlin, but he is the best person I have ever met. He is kind, intelligent, resourceful, selfless, and he has a good sense of humor, too. He's been an invaluable member of the company he works for, and he improves the lives of all those around him. If he were to not come back..." Will let the sentence hang, there, and Arthur felt dread at the idea. 
"Merlin has meant so much to me. All my childhood, I was bullied and abused. By my classmates, by my peers, even by my family. Merlin protected me from the bullies and stood up to them. He told me I was worth more than that. When I confided in him about my family's abuse, he told me to get help. Gaius adopted me, and he became like my brother. Well I guess technically, he's my cousin." Freya smiled a little. "So I- we- need your help. Keep watching; I think Kilgharrah's going to put something on next. We'll be on at 4AM again tomorrow, assuming we have something to say."
"And if you want to get in touch with us, we'll be in chat room 5 on the forum. Look for the username 'enternainmet_at_Ealdor'- that's me- or 'Lady_of_the_Lake'- that's Freya. We won't engage in further conversation unless you give us the code. If you give us Kilgharrah's code, we'll know not to fill you in on his bit."
"I think that's about all, Freya said," smiling sweetly, the hope evident in her voice. "Talk to you again soon." The screen went black. 

Arthur thought for a moment. He definitely wanted to help Merlin, and it seemed like Freya and Will might know how to do that. But he wasn't just sure he wanted to jump into this yet. He'd at least wait for Kilgharrah, whoever- whatever- he was. 

The screen flickered on again, and Arthur saw a cave. He sat patiently and waited for Kilgharrah to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment