Translate

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Channel 5 (Merlin fanfiction): Chapter 7

Chapters: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

"Emrys", Merlin heard a voice calling. It had been a while since he had communicated by telepathy, and he hadn't realized the signal could get through to the channel.
"Yes?"
"It's Mordred. You've helped me before, and now I want to help you."
"That's great! What do you have in mind?"
"Well, I've tried using my magic, but it doesn't work."
"I know. I've tried, too. You should talk to Will and Freya. I bet they have some ideas."
"Okay. I'll talk to you again as soon as I find out anything. How are you doing, by the way?"
"All right, I guess. I'm kind of bored. I really want to get out of here."
"We miss you."
"I miss you, too. And..."
"What?"
"Be careful. We don't need anyone else to get bewitched."
"You know me."
"That's why I'm worried."
"Oh, come on!"
"You and I both know how reckless you are. Just... tone it down a bit, okay?"
"Fine. Talk to you again soon, Emrys."

It was funny, normally Merlin was on a first name basis with everyone, but Mordred always called him "Emrys". Between them, it was actually a friendly gesture, though neither of them understood why. Merlin was about to go to sleep, when he heard Kilgharrah calling.
"Greetings, young warlock."
"What now? Are you going to babble on about destiny again?"
"Actually, yes."
"Can't you just leave me in peace?"
"Do you want to be free or not?"
"Oh, alright then. But make it quick."
"One cannot rush destiny."
"Yeah, whatever. Just get on with it."
"It will take some more time to know for sure, but I believe the other side of your coin has arrived."
"What coin?"
"Your other half."
"My soulmate? Please tell me you're not going to spout some romantic nonsense."
"No, romance isn't part of this. It could be, I suppose, but it's not important at any rate. What is important is that this person is destined to save you. I've been looking at the stats and I saw that for the first time, someone watched through all three programmes."
"All three?"
"Yes, yours, Will and Freya's, and mine."
"Well that's promising."
"Indeed."
"So do you think they'll take action?"
"I do not know yet. Give it a few hours. I'll let you know if anything happens."
"So is this the person you keep telling me I'll unite with and we'll do great things together?"
"That would be the one. If he is indeed the person of your destiny, you will be glad to meet him."
"Wait, why does it have to be a guy?"
"My apologies, young warlock, I didn't mean to be sexist. I do not know the gender of this person, but I know they will be great."
"Well they better hurry up. I'm dying of boredom here."
"Patience, young warlock."

Merlin sighed and decided it was finally time to rest. He used his magic to make a comfortable bed, then crawled in and fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment