Translate

Friday, December 19, 2014

Channel 5 (Merlin fanfiction): Chapter 16

Chapters: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Arthur and Merlin walked into the bar, holding hands.
"Ah, the happy couple," the bartender exclaimed, noticing their approach. "What can I do for you?" he asked with a smile. 
"Something special," Merlin said. 
"Oh?" The bartender raised an eyebrow. "What's the occasion?"
"Well, it's been a week now since we met, so we figured it was time to commemorate the event," Arthur said with a smile. Merlin nodded, beaming. 
"A week ago... Say, were you in that kissing contest last Friday?" They nodded. The bartender looked at them for a moment. He turned to Arthur. "You're the one what ran away!" Arthur nodded sheepishly. "And you still got the guy?"
"'The guy' is standing right here," Merlin pointed out, a little frustrated. "And if anyone was doing the 'getting', it's me." Arthur nodded. 

"So, what will you have?" the bartender asked. 
"I actually don't drink," Arthur said. The bartender looked at him incredulously. "My friends dragged me in here because they thought I needed a bit of fun."
"Well, this is a good place to have fun," the bartender conceded. "So, Merlin, what'll it be?"
Arthur looked at the bartender, then at Merlin, then back at the bartender. "You come here often?"
Merlin rolled his eyes. "I'm going to ignore the fact that you used the most clichéd pick up line in all of history." Arthur smiled. "But to answer your question, yes, I am something of a regular here. My mates think it's funny to get me drunk."
"Is it?" Arthur asked, curious. 
"Maybe a little," Merlin admitted sheepishly. 
"He's absolutely adorable when he's drunk," the bartender cut in. Arthur looked at Merlin curiously. Merlin nodded. "So, what do you want this time, Merlin?"
"Surprise me," Merlin responded with a smile.
"And you?" The bartender looked at Arthur.
"I'll have whatever he's having, minus the alcohol." The bartender nodded and left to make their drinks.

"You know what this means?" Merlin asked.
"We're in for some very strange drinks?" Arthur suggested.
"Well, that too," Merlin said with a chuckle, "but I meant your father. We'll have to talk to him."
Arthur cringed. "Yes, we did agree to that, didn't we?"
"Don't look so wounded, Arthur, I'll be there with you. He can't be that bad."
"You'd be surprised."
"Tell you what, though," Merlin said, rubbing circles into Arthur's hand, "I'll take you to see my mum after that. You'll love her!"
Arthur brightened up a bit. "But will she love me?"
"She can be a bit protective, but after that, she's really sweet."
"What, like you?" Merlin gave Arthur a quick kiss before he could go on. "Just as long as she doesn't kiss me. That might be a little too sweet." They laughed, and the bartender arrived with their drinks.

"I'll leave you boys to it then," he said with a knowing wink, walking away.
Merlin looked at the strange concoction. "I'm almost afraid to try it."
"Hey, it was your idea!"
"You didn't have to get the same thing as me!"
"What, am I not allowed to copy you?" Merlin rolled his eyes and began tickling Arthur. Arthur tickled back, until somehow they ended in an embrace. After a passionate kiss, they turned back to look at their beverages of dubious content. "How about we drink them at the same time?" Merlin nodded. "3-2-1!" They downed their drinks, then each looked to see the other's reaction. Merlin had a look of surprised confusion on his face, while Arthur was trying not to gag.
"Maybe it's the lack of alcohol," Merlin suggested.
"Or maybe you just have a horrible taste."
Merlin rolled his eyes. "So, now that we've had a drink, wanna dance?"
"If you want, but I'm getting you drunk before we leave this bar. Got it?"
"As you wish," Merlin said with a smile. They walked onto the dance floor, holding hands, and saw Mordred. Arthur smiled a little. "You know him?"
"Sort of. I met him here on the same day we met. I danced with him a while before I saw you." Merlin shrugged his shoulders, satisfied.
Mordred walked over. "So I take it you succeeded, then?" They both nodded. "Well, I'm happy for you. Now, I've gotta go. I just met this girl called Kara, and we've really hit it off. Bye!"
"I thought you said..." Arthur was confused.
Merlin shrugged. "I guess he swings both ways. Now then, let's dance!"

And dance they did, until late into the night. Arthur continued with his mission to get Merlin drunk, which turned out to be surprisingly easy. Arthur then understood what the bartender had meant. Drunk!Merlin was like a little puppy, snuggling close to Arthur. They had a good night, and when the time came to part, they did so with the sad smiles of people who love being together and can't wait to see each other again. And they vowed that tomorrow, they would face the terrifying Mr. Pendragon.

No comments:

Post a Comment